Make Logo area larger

Forum Forums Theme Make Logo area larger

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Yael 2 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Yael
    Participant

When aligned left with menu to the right. I searched the theme functions.php file and am not seeing how I can make the logo area larger.

Can you please provide some guidance?

Thank you.

WP Beaver World
    Keymaster

Theme is using the inline logo logic for site logo. So there have no recommendation size for logo. Title area’s width will be fixed when you will use the Header Right widget area. Adjust the width of .site-title (right now it is 300px) and .site-header .widget-area and you will get the larger image.

Note: Logo’s size will proportionally generate based on .site-title width.

Yael
    Participant

Thank you; I actually figured it out 🙂

Yael
    Participant

One follow up question: I would like to load the hamburger menu at ipad landscape since I made the .site-title area 400 px wide; it’s currently loading at ipad portrait and below.

Would you be able to tell me how to do that? I would really that.

Thank you.

WP Beaver World
    Keymaster

Can you send some screenshot for better understand? Or Share the site URL?

Yael
    Participant

You can preview the site here:

https://energyhealinginstitute.info/preview

I just want the mobile menu to appear at iPad landscape to ensure the menu shows properly across devises.

Because I increased width of .site-titlel to 400 px, the menu displays in two lines on iPad landscape; hence the reason I would like the mobile menu to load at that breakpoint.

does this make sense?

Yael
    Participant

here’s a screenshot of why I wish to load the mobile menu iPad landscape and below:

https://gyazo.com/2edb3812747e5970a0b7c5692d695be0

WP Beaver World
    Keymaster

If you are following this post http://gbeaver.com/how-do-you-call-the-style-css-file-from-outside-of-your-child-theme/, you will open the style.css from customize-gbeaver folder and replace @media only screen and (max-width: 1023px) { with @media only screen and (max-width: 1024px) {. May be line no would be 2829.

If you follow the above post link then you will add this PHP code into customize-gbeaver/custom-functions.php file

add_filter( 'responsive_menu_js', 'gb_responsive_menu' );
    function gb_responsive_menu( $file )
    {
    	 $new_file = get_skin_url() . '/responsive-menu.js';
    	 if( file_exists( $new_file ) )
    	 	return $new_file;

return $file;
    }

Now copy the gbeaver/assets/js/responsive-menu.js file and put into customize-gbeaver folder. Later you will open customize-gbeaver/responsive-menu.js file and replace if ( $(window).outerWidth() < 1024 ) { with if ( $(window).outerWidth() < 1025 ) { (2 times)

=============================

2nd Procedure: If you are not following the above post then you will directly edit those two files from gbeaver folder. This time you do not need any custom PHP codes.

Yael
    Participant

Thank you. Much appreciated.

Yael
    Participant

Long time since you helped me resolve this but I was revisiting and realized I had a question. You wrote:

2nd Procedure: If you are not following the above post then you will directly edit those two files from gbeaver folder. This time you do not need any custom PHP codes.

By “custom PHP codes”, you are referring to the custom function added to functions.php file? Because I followed second procedure and added the custom function into functions.php file.

I think now I should remove that if it is not needed.

Would you please confirm?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.